Aim high: hiking in the Upper Tauern region
Climb into the 6-seater cable car on the Weißsee glacier railway and head up to more than 2,300 metres above sea level. Up to the fresh air, mountain herbs and – with a bit of luck – chamois. In summer you’ll see the Weißsee glacier world from its sunny side. Framed by countless 3,000 metre peaks you can discover the Stubach valley on foot in next to no time. The high alpine hiking paths are suitable for both leisure hikers and sporty mountaineers.
- More than 40 kilometres of marked hiking paths of different difficulty levels (with glacier paths and alpine crossings)
- Hiking pleasure up to 3,000 metres above sea level
- Medelz viewing plateau at 2,600 metres above sea level with impressive views of the Großglockner valley
- 7 guided hikes for beginners and more experienced hikers
Chalet tips for expert hikers in Weißsee
- Krefelder Hütte (Kaprun via the Kleinschmiedingerscharte) – walking time approx. 7 hours
- Oberwalder Hütte (via Oberwinkelscharte) – walking time approx. 6 hours
- Sudetendeutsche Hütte (via Silesia Höhenweg) – walking time approx. 12 hours
More information and details on the hiking routes in Weißsee...