The mountains closer than ever: climbing in the Salzburg region
Admittedly many of the fixed rope routes cause even experts to break out into a sweat. The impressive rock formations in the Stubach valley are second to none. The particular highlight for climbers: the Kristall fixed rope route in the alpine Weißsee region. It is considered to be the most technically and physically challenging fixed rope route in Austria. A genuine adventure in the heart of the Salzburg region. All those at the beginning of their climbing careers will find numerous opportunities to get started.
Tips on climbing in the Salzburg region
- Boulder park near the Uttendorf swimming lake. A course with 10 boulders of different difficulty levels will help you with your climbing training.
- Uttendorf indoor climbing centre. Ideal on rainy days or between seasons. The centre has more than 120 square metres of climbing pleasure.
- “Little Yosemite” fixed rope route: ideal training place for beginners and children.
- “Kronprinz Rudolf" fixed rope route near the Rudolfshütte.
Indoor & outdoor climbing fun with the climbing pass
Hang from the ropes and still enjoy a sense of freedom!
Get the climbing pass from the sales point at the Weißsee glacier world and take advantage of our offer for € 15.00:
- Mountain and valley trip with the cable car
- Mountaineers’ meal + small Skiwasser in the Rudolfshütte
- Indoor climbing wall Berghotel Rudolfshütte